Monday, August 21, 2006

Garmin ROCKS!

As posted the other day, my garmin 205 was malfunctioning. The problem(s) progressed and eventually resulted in warranty issues. Five days ago I shipped my beloved Garmin to the manufacturer.

A few minutes ago the doorbell rang with an overnight delivery from UPS. I was STUNNED to find a brand-new garmin 205. I'm talkin' everything is brand-spanking new. I shipped just the watch (per their instructions), but in return they shipped a complete new unit, which includes; charger, extra wrist bands, manuals, training software, etc. In the package, I found a letter that stated they were sorry for any inconveniences I may have been caused by the malfunctions. To quickly remedy my problems, Garmin international elected to ship me a new unit and overnight the package at their expense.

Lots of companies have lost "customer service" values. I'm often perplexed by large companies (Wal-mart), who try to sell as much as possible, as cheap as possible with no regard to customer service. Sure, the back of their blue vest reads "How can I help you?", but try to find an associate that knows there ass from a hole in the ground. I'll stop before I go on a Wal-mart rampage. Ugghh

Bottom line, thanks Garmin, you have made a life time customer by standing behind your product and showing signs of a lost art.... Customer Service!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm with you. Give me a little customer service and you've got a customer for life. Great story. Hey, don't bad-mouth Walmart too much. I can't afford too many other stores on my salary.