Sunday, August 27, 2006

Long CRUEL 13

First long run (over ten miles) completed in the evening. All went well, but look at that time! Nobody has commented about the recent dramatic change of pace. I'm purposely slowing down, but I fear the long slow pace is teaching my body to run slow. I hope I am wrong. If it helps, the pace was consistent. Less than 25 seconds separates the slowest and fastest miles.

It would have been easy to write-off the run or short change the mileage. I'm proud that I pounded out thirteen. Yeah, I know its a day late, but it is DONE. Today's run put my monthly mileage over the century mark. I think it would be cool to have a streak of 100 mile month(s), much like Coach Steeve.

I'm particularly sore after tonight's run. No pains, just an overall aching. May be because I ran on conrete for 2.5 hours. I took water breaks every 1.5 miles. I wasted more time than I should have during the breaks, but I did stretches along with taking in 64 ounces of water (total). I also learned that sweet tea will upset my stomach when running. Not exactly rocket science, but I thought the sugar might give me a small boost near the end. WRONG!

My feet and shoes were so wet that I had to change shoes at mile 9. Nothing else to report about the long cruel 13 miles.

Activity: Long Run
Mileage: 13.06 miles
Time: 2:26:13 -- 11:12 pace
Location: Woodland Pines subdivision
How I Felt: 7

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent show of strength and determination. You da man!

Steeeve

Unknown said...

Very nice, consistent, patient run, Bill. Good job!

TX Runner Mom said...

Great run! Congrats on 13...I know it was tough!

Tiggs said...

my PR for 13.1 is 2:12....in January...so your time in this heat seems more than respectable to me....