Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Fired UP!

Picture of Alison at last years race
It's official, I'm registered for the Labor Day Fired Up 5k in Sugarland, Texas. This is my first race since May 27, 2006.

My mission is to PR, which is anything under 26:35. I have a running goal for 2006 of a sub 24:48 5k. This race is one of two 5k's on my schedule before the end of the year. The other race is Run with the Saints in November. Hopefully, I can met my goal on race number one.

You heard it here first. Mission of 26:34, and a goal of 24:47. Let's Roll!

Picture of me at last years race

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yo, speedy!!! That's soooo attainable. I have a feeling you're going to blow that 24:48 out of the water by the end of the year.

You've probably noticed that the McMillan calculator puts you at 24:05 for a 5K based on your mile time trial. No pressure. :)

Humble Runner said...

I agree with Joe Carey... I'm not too sure of the accuracy of prediction calculators for Clydesdale runners.

Can't imagine running three continuous miles at an 8:00 minute pace. I’ll have to seriously “Run in Anger” to meet the goal. Yeah, the RIA in Steeve’s phrase.

TX Runner Mom said...

Wow, can I start calling you "Speedy"? You can do it!

Unknown said...

The over-under is currently at 25:20.

Anonymous said...

I'll take the under.

Steeeve

SRR said...

Who is Allison? She is too sweet in that helmet!

Crosstrain said...

I want some of that, Bill will be under 25:20 with ease.

I'd run to push him, but alas I'll be (ahem) flushing my internals to prepare them for inspection the day after Labor Day.