Thursday, August 24, 2006

SMARTie HOP

What a cool workout the SMARTie Hop is. Much too complicated to explain on a blog post. I will say two things about it. One: Wall Shin Raises are sadistic! Two: I ran the Greyhound runs at an all out pace (as scheduled), which was very taxing. Took me about ten minutes to recover from the all-out-effort.

Ran both the warm up and cool down with a lovely woman by the name of Jennifer M. We run close to the same pace. Truth be known, I think I slowed her down a bit. Either way, I enjoyed her company immensely. Thanks Jennifer, You Rock!

Forgot to mention I had an ugly case of chaffing. Enough to bloody my shirt. Ouch!

Activity: Run
Mileage: 5.40 miles
Time: 53:45 -- 9:57
9:41, 9:38, 9:29, 10:19, 10:31, 4.07 (0.40 miles)
Location: Terry Hershey Park
How I Felt: 9

Vic, we missed you at THP. Everyone was asking each other, "Seen Vic, yet?" See how popular you are? When they talk about me, the question usually is; "Bill who?".

4 comments:

Steve Bezner said...

I was a little hesitant this morning when pulling up your blog as I frightful that you might post a pic of the chaffing issue you just described. Whew!

Good Run last night, and yeah, Vic we were asking about you.

Seeya tommorow at Memorial.

TX Runner Mom said...

Now you have me curious about this SMARTie Hop thing. Grrr, chafing sucks!

Anonymous said...

trg - you don't want to know about Bill's chafing, it's a guy thing.

willie - you betcha, Jennifer M is another of our "home growns" with a world of upside.

we'll be hopping again next Thursday but with a 2 mile meltdown interval. get ready!

Steeeve

Unknown said...

ARRRRGH!!! Traffic delayed me by about 45 minutes. Had to go to Plan B. some kind of wreck on 290/610. I didn't even drop my son off at church until 7:10. I really wanted to come. Read all about plan B on the blog.

Bill, who? Whatever. You know you're the bomb! My vote for Strider's most improved runner.