Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Redefining RECOVERY

No running yesterday, as outlined on the SMART-Lite schedule. I was off work today and had intentions of meeting the Striders at Memorial Park. Somewhere along the way Life-happened. Found myself with more things to do than time in which to do them.

I didn't run the scheduled Kenyan relays either. In fact, no speed work whatsoever today. My neighbor and I ran a comfortable six miles in the subdivision. This was a super run. The heavy down pour of rain may have slowed our pace, but we refused to let the storm stop us. That's all I can say about our strategy!

It was one of those runs were you feel like a kid. We were splashing each other as we ran and acting rather silly overall. The conversation ranged from ranking the "Hot Chicks" in our neighborhood all the way to spiritual. Hard to describe our run other than what I've said above. Yeah, I might have missed a GREAT strider workout, but I'm not so sure I missed anything. I'll make it up to Coach Steeeve on Thursday with my "A-game". If anybody understands the beauty of a silly run with a good friend, I know it is Steeeve.

Activity: Easy Run
Mileage: 6.03 miles
Notice the .03? That's a sure way to know my garmin is back! lol
Time: 1:06:08 -- 10:58 pace
Location: Woodland Pines Subdivision
How I Felt: 10

Congratulations to my running partner, Josh. He told me at mile 5 that he had NEVER ran more than 3 miles in his LIFE! WTG buddy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Now, that's what it's all about. Great report, Bill.