Thursday, August 17, 2006

Guilt or Voodoo?

I was laying in bed at 9:30 pm, when the guilt overcame me. The guilt of not running, for what would be three straight days. Right or wrong, I've treated the upset stomach as an injury. The most recent upset stomach "episode" occured this morning while I was mowing the lawn. Fortunately, the feeling went away within a few minutes of the onset. Up till the moment I got out of bed tonight, I was content with an extra day off.

I have no idea what really got me out the door. Here's my theory: Steeeve has little voodoo dolls of all the SMARTies. Since I wasn't at Terry Hershey for SMART Training he put tiny little shoes on my voodoo doll and made it run around. That's just my crazy idea, I could be wrong. *Grin* Over the last few weeks my Garmin 301 has been malfunctioning. Long story short, I mailed my favorite running toy to Garmin International for warranty repair. It will be gone 10-14 days. If you run with me you know I always wear the garmin. All the numbers I post are compliments of that wonderful piece of technology. Right now, I'm running "Old School". Actually, I think the timing is perfect. Everyone needs to get back to the basis now and then. As you know, I was getting overly concerned with my pace, splits, and averages. You know, all the numbers that are useless to rookies?

With the faithful Timex watch at hand, I ran my 1.5 mile loop inside the Woodland Pines subdivision. The run was great. It was far from the scheduled 12 x 30/30's on the SMART training schedule, but I'm happy to log a few miles. Everything felt good. No pains, no aches, and no nausea. In fact, I could have easily completed a couple more miles. I choose to be happy with three good miles. Nothing impressive to report, yet this was an important run for me.

Activity: Easy Run
Mileage: 3.0 miles
Time: 33:30 -- 11:10 pace
Location: Woodland Pines Subdivision
How I Felt: 9.5

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Booga Booga!

Steeeve

Steve Bezner said...

Glad to seeya get back on the horse!

Any chance of a showing this Saturaday! It's a tough one, but I believe there will be ample opportunity for short cuts!u

Unknown said...

Very impressive. You're doing what you have to do to recover from your injry. I would expect no less from my idol. Hope you're 100% by Saturday. I know you need to nail a good workout. Have fun.

Humble Runner said...

Yeah, I'll be out there tomorrow. I took off work to attend most of the Satuday session's.

All the talk of how hard its going to me is starting to make me nerveous.

Anonymous said...

No need to be nervous, just take it easy on the first set of 800's and you'll be A-OK. Repeat after me: "TLT's are fun. TLT's are fun. TLT's are fun"

Steeeve