Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Pull-ups

What gives? I'm tired, almost to the point of being exhausted.

I ran a new greenbelt route today, which I plan to add to my five mile loop. Not sure what the new mileage will be, but I guess it will be close to six miles. Even though I have a general feeling of lethargy, the run was refreshing.

I opted to jog on the grass next to the greenbelt. The rock, dirt, and grass under my feet make me feel like I'm on the trails. There is nothing better than the inner peace I feel while running on the trails.

Run:
3.0 miles
31:19
10:26 pace

Walk:
1.0 mile
16:00
16:00 pace

This afternoon I spent thirty minutes in my personal gym lifting weights. Maybe it's a "man thing", but I enjoy throwing iron around.

Strength Training:
Upper body

After a visit to the hardware store and $28 later, I now have a pull-up bar. I simply added it to the end of the kids play set. Nothing fancy, but it's plenty durable. As soon as I can do five unassisted pull-ups in one day I plan to start the iPullups application on my iPhone.

The last set of push-ups was hard. In fact, they were so difficult I had to switch to modified push-ups for the last seven of 15.

Pull-ups:
4 full and 3 half (over several hours)

Push-ups:
63

Weight:
200.25 lbs

No comments: