Monday, February 01, 2010

DOMS is here...

Happy February!

DOMS or Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness, has caught up with me. No running for me today, yet my legs feel like they have hundred-pound weights attached to them.

Sore legs was a worry I had when deciding to run Piney Woods 10-mile trail race the week before my goal run. Not a great idea, but I have no regrets. At least I have plenty of time to recoup.

This evening I went for a short walk. I'm hoping to reap the rewards of flushing some residual lactic acid out of my legs.

Thirty minutes on the treadmill. I moved the unit in front of the television to reduce the boredom associated with a treadmill workout. It's interesting that I've NOT been on a treadmill in months, but all of the sudden I've been on a treadmill three times in the last week.

Walk:
1.62 miles
30:00 minutes
18:31 pace

Weight:
201.5

No comments: