Saturday, December 19, 2009

What Was I Thinking?!?!

Today is the third day I've been sick. I had no business trying to run, much less 19+ miles. I ran ten miles before I crumbled. Truth be known, I'm surprised I made it that far. I toughed out another eight miles running, which was followed by three miles of walking.

Tough day.

At least the run gave me time to think about my plans for this week. I've decided to do the smart thing and listen to my body. Listening to my body means taking a couple days off. I'll try to walk or cycle 30 minutes each day, but that is it. I'm also going to increase my calories equal to my BMR. Hopefully I'll be back on the wagon in a few days.

Run:
18.18 miles
3:40:49
12:08 pace

Walk:
3.35 miles
1:01:14
18:16 pace

Body Weight:
195.0 lbs

1 comment:

TX Runner Mom said...

It was great to see you on Saturday, even if it was in passing. For the record, you looked pretty strong when Karen and I saw you! Good idea about listening to your body though...especially this close to the marathon.