Tuesday, December 15, 2009

No Time For Feeling Puny

The moment the alarm clock woke me up I felt a significant loss of energy. I don't really feel sick, just puny. As soon as I got home I had breakfast and went back to sleep. I only slept a couple hours and I still didn't feel much better. Hunger pangs were in full effect, so I rode my bike to grab a sandwich.

Once I ate lunch my energy level received a much needed boast. I'm glad it was a fuel issue, because I don't have time to be sick.

Trail Bike:
5.77 miles
33:26
10.35 mph

Tom and I made plans to meet at East Park at 4pm for a small three-mile loop. Before driving to the park I walked on the treadmill to 'knock-out' the bulk of my cardio. During the treadmill walk I found a show called Grizzly Man Diaries. It's really interesting, albeit sad. The "grizzly man" spent 13-years in Alaska watching, studying, and documenting the behaviors of bears, foxes, and other wildlife. The project ended at 13-years because he was killed by one of the bears. The series is a compilation of his actual pictures, videos, and written diary entries. I found the show very interesting, even though I know how it will end....

Walk:
2.94 miles
53:20
19:08 pace

The run in the park went well. I still feel tired and fatigued. I'm growing worrisome that I might be getting sick. Preston had a runny nose and cough last weekend. On Monday he was diagnosed with an upper respiratory infection, which was way after he gave me a few dozen 'snotty-nose-kisses'. Since I'm not feeling 100% I chose to run a pedestrian pace. I appreciate Tom and Andrea slowing down, so we could all run together. It's hard to have a bad run when the weather, scenery, and camaraderie are near-perfect.

Run:
3.09 miles
37:18
12:04 pace

At 6pm I had to go back to the fire station and work a few hours for Wyatt. Wyatt worked for me Saturday morning and now it's time to repay the debt. At work I lifted weights and caught up on some reading. It was nice to work for Wyatt and not make any calls. It has become normal for me to make a couple responses while he is out.

Strength Training:
Upper-body

Body Weight:
193.5 lbs

No comments: