Saturday, December 12, 2009

Only 12-miles...

Tom and I got off work just in time to run with KW FIT. I was glad to see more runners out this morning, as compared to the last couple long runs. My group ran seven strong!

With a 5:30am start the KWFIT head coaches tend to keep the routes on lighted streets, which does not appeal to me. I'd rather run in the trails with head lamps. Of course I know we have to do what is safe for the runners. The route took use directly in front of my house. The temperature was perfect. Unfortunately, the humidity was 100% and the roads/pathways held ankle deep water in many areas.

Hopefully, I'm not peaking too early, because I feel good.... really good. There isn't any evidence that I even ran this morning. I'm feeling extremely confident about my fitness level. I ran 23-miles the five-days after completing a 50k. This morning I ran 12 miles on concrete at a decent pace (for me) and it was like a leisure walk.

Who would have known trail running and ultras would be the key to unlock running bliss!?!?

Run:
12.28 miles
2:21:13
11:30 pace

Body Weight:
195.0

With the kids at home this weekend, I got lazy and didn't lift weights. I'll try to find time tomorrow after Andrea's 30k race.

1 comment:

K said...

You are going to blow Rocky away!