Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Devoted, without being a Slave

I'm at work today.

I had an incredible run around the main fire station. Unfortunately, it was cut a half-mile short when we got an EMS call. After the call I finished the run and lifted weights. Not sure why, but I lacked any form of energy in the gym.

Once we returned to station two I watched the Biggest Loser finale. I was bothered by the bias "offer" made to Shay by Subway and Biggest Loser. As the heaviest person on the ranch, she should have lost more weight. Seriously, did you see her percentage of weight loss? It was not in line with the other participants. I also remember the first couple episodes where they showed a glimpse of her personality, which was shitty. I understand she's had a hard life, but that's life. Lots of people experience similar obstacles. Some experiences worst than hers, some less. I just think there are more deserving people and or organizations for the money. Shay did nothing to deserve this kind of "surprise". For crying out loud.... she didn't even act grateful by the offer.

When the show was over I set up my bike trainer for 1.5 hours of cardio. Before I had a chance to start cycling we got another EMS call. We returned from this call at 10:30 pm and I still found the devotion to complete my workout.

I'm not happy about my lack of weight loss. Therefore, now is not the time to slack off or make excuses. When times get tough, I'll adjust and get tougher!!!

I'm glad it's all done. Heck, I'm even proud of myself. Its after 1am and I could have been asleep hours ago. Maybe the scale will be nice to me tomorrow...

Run:
3.08 miles
32:10
10:27 pace

Bike Trainer:
22.63 miles
1:28:04
15.42 mph

Strength Training:
Upper Body

Weight:
199.0

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As far as a tragic story and making the most out of the Biggest Loser experience and having a great attitude, etc., I thought Abby would have been more deserving. But Abbey, at 140-something now, wouldn't make for a very dramatic "finale return". In a way, because Shay has so much more work to do, she's appropriate for the extended offer. Wonder what she'll do with it.