Thursday, December 10, 2009

What time is it?

Bob and I drove to Lake Houston Park for a run-hike.

For the first time in years, I ran without any form of technology. Trust me, this was NOT a planned idea. My OCD went into hyper-drive, because it drives me NUTS running without my Garmin. If that wasn't bad enough, neither of us had a watch.

I explained to Bob that my selective OCD weighs heavy on parts of my life, which includes running. If Bob would not been there I would have drove home and retrieved my watch before running.

As tough as it was for me, I ran anyways. I TRY not to let my OCD effect other people.

About a third of a mile into the run we stopped at the nature center to glance at the clock. At a minimum, we would know the total time for the workout.

As for the run, it was another great day in the forest. The trails were muddy and holding water, yet we managed to navigate through the trails without getting wet. Bob spotted a pack of wild hogs twice, which was truly a delight. On the drive to the park I mentioned the lack of wildlife in this park, then we spot a pack of wild hogs. Too cool!

We ran what we assumed was four miles out and walked the same route back. With the assumption we were running an 11:00/minute pace that would have been 44-minutes. The walk felt like a 16:00 minute pace, which would yield 1:04:00. If you add in 15-minutes to and from the nature center we should have been close to two-hours.

Once we reached the nature center the clock showed we had been out for 1:45:00 minutes. Add the other 15-minutes and we were DEADLY ACCURATE with a total time of two-hours. Needless to say I was impressed with our estimates.

At home I crunched the numbers and it looks like we ran a little longer than four-miles.

Run:
4.4 miles
47:40
10:50 pace

Walk:
4.4 miles
1:12:20
16:25 pace

Body Weight:
194.75

Struggled in the gym. Everything that was easy last week seemed really heavy today.

Strength Training:
Mid-body and Lower body

No comments: