Thursday, December 24, 2009

Running with a Stick

Nice little run with Tom and Andrea. We started at Town Center and ran to East End Loop. Once we arrived at the park we ran the outer loop and returned back. Nice run.

I've finally found a way to enjoy East End Park. Once I enter the park I find a two-foot stick and run with it. It's a shame it has come to that, but I'm reclaiming my park. The unleashed dogs will not stop me anymore. Interesting how the dogs stay away from a runner with a large stick. The friendly curious dogs aren't too worried about me and my stick, but I'm still forced to give them a gentle nudge with the stick so that they don't interfere with my running. I've actually been tripped several times by dogs wanting attention.

East End Park is mine again!

Run:
8.1 miles
1:29:45
11:04 pace

Walk:
1.0 mile
16:39
16:39 pace

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I with ya on the stick thing. I love my dog and love pets but owners are responsible.

BTW, one of our runners was bitten by a do across the Elysian before hitting Quitman. Wish we had been carrying a stick.