Sunday, December 13, 2009

Proud of my Girls!

Andrea was scheduled to run the FLS 30k this morning. When the alarm went off at 4am she didn't seem enthused about an event that was an hour away. After laying in bed for a couple minutes Andrea told me, "I'd rather sleep a little longer and run around Kingwood later".

Admittedly, I was concerned about Andreas ability to cover 18-miles unsupported. The facts are this, her knee pain still surfaces from time to time and she has never run more than 15-miles.

In the end, she ran the miles like a CHAMP! She ran the entire distance, maintained a respectable pace, and her knee pain was minimal.

Way to go, Andrea! You're a great runner and will be ready for your marathon debut next month...

While Andrea was out running, I took Alison and Preston bicycling. Alison biked the five-mile loop like an athlete. Preston enjoyed his ride with me. He has nearly outgrown his bike seat, so I'll have to find a bike trailer soon. The kids also "worked-out with dad" in the gym. The entertainment they provided me was priceless. Alison's strength is amazing. At one time I heard Alison say, "Look how strong I am, dad". When I looked over she had both hands on a 50-lb dumbbell, which she had lifted a foot off the floor. Seriously, her arms are so tiny.... how can she lift that much weight!?!?

Trail Bike:
5.5 miles
43:12

Strength Training:
Upper-Body and Mid-Body

The kids and I also went for a walk to encourage Andrea on the final mile of her run.

After a yummy lunch at Schlotzski's I walked on the treadmill to complete two-hours of cardio for the day.

Walk:
4.31 miles
1:15:49
17:35 pace

Body Weight:
195.5 lbs

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good times, brotha!!!

Unknown said...

You're doing great Bill!