Monday, December 07, 2009

I'm a Runner

Only two days after an ultra run and I'm on the road again. And boy did it feel good! The knees were slow to respond, but after half a mile my legs were ready to blaze a trail. I ran a comfortable effort with little regard to pace.

The weather sucked, so you would think. It's cold, gloomy, and raining. A lot like my knees, the first half mile was spent adjusting to the rain. During that short time I embraced the weather. The change in mindset made for a wonderful run!

Andrea and I ran together. We ran six miles to Schlotzsky's for dinner. The store was empty. As we approached the store clerk watched us running across the parking lot. When we walked in the store soaking wet he said, "That's impressive". Moments like these fuel my life!

Earlier in the day I made an attempt to ride my bike. It was cold and wet, which I don't enjoy when cycling. I scrubbed the ride before the odometer reached two-miles.

Lifted weights in the gym. Uneventful workout.

Run:
7.0 miles
1:19:53
11:24 pace

Walk:
1.65 miles
28:25
17:13 pace

Trail Bike:
1.87 miles
12:44
8.97 mph

Body Weight:
198.0

Texas Trail Run 50k review has been posted. Back dated to 12/05/2009 (race date)

No comments: