Thursday, December 17, 2009

Damn. Not again...

The scale wasn't as hard on me as expected. It’s a new day with new beginnings.

Body Weight:
194.5 lbs

I’m at work today. Still have the overall feeling of lethargy. I’m not sure if I’m on the verge of getting sick or if I’m not fueling my body correctly. Maybe a combination of the two?

At work today and it has been a busy day. At least I’m working with my good friend, Josh.

Started the days workout at 7pm and didn’t finish for nearly three hours. Very glad to complete the entire session without being interrupted by an emergency response. I ran three miles around the fire station, followed by a small cool-down walk. Good temperatures resulted in a good run. My pace felt like a crawl, but I was pleasantly surprised at the sub-11 pace.

After the run I finished the mid-body workout that did NOT get done yesterday.

I rode the recumbent bike for the better part of 1.5 hours. Sitting on the bike gives me an opportunity to read. Tonight I read a couple chapters in my newest book called, “Vegetarian Eating for Endurance Athletes”. It’s been a good read thus far, although it is mostly science based.

I finished the session with an uneventful lower body workout.

Run:
3.0 miles
32:47
10:56 pace

Walk:
0.29 mile
5:00
17:14 pace

Recumbent Bike:
21.0 miles
1:27:00
14.48 mph

Strength Training:
Mid-body and Lower Body

The second I finished showering we made an EMS call, which we transported to Hermann Hospital-downtown. I was hungry before working out and that was hours ago. We returned to the station around 2am in the morning. I was going to make a large glass of green tea to fill my stomach. As luck would have it there was a plate of cookies on the counter.

And it happened... again. Although not as bad as last night’s binge, I didn’t have the willpower to stop myself. I ate about five small cookies. The label said they were 120 calories each.

I’m letting myself get too hungry. I would have been fine if I would have gone to bed at a reasonable hour, but it’s not that easy when you’re a fireman. When I ate the cookies at 2am, it had been nine hours since my last meal.

I need a new direction before I lose my way. These are minor occurrences as compared to years past, but this is how it starts. I got to find help somewhere, somehow….

No comments: