Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sore Calves

My calves are killing me from this weekends mini adventure. The climb up wasn't bad, it was the decent that got me. The same thing happened earlier this year when I ran the Austin 3M half-marathon. Austin 3M is a predominately down hill race. My lower leg muscles have to work really hard to slow this much weight when running down hill. I'm hoping a little activity will loosen the sore muscles.

Back to the grind today. I felt good about my nutrition on the trip, but the scale has proven otherwise. I've gained a couple pounds since Friday.

Rode my trail bike to Subway for a sandwich, then to the barber shop for a haircut. Nice day to ride. It has been absolutely beautiful outdoors for the last week.

Trail Bike:
10.95 miles
54:47
11.99 mph

Andrea and Taylor joined me for my usual "5 mile loop" run/walk interval session. Calves were super tight for the first twenty steps of each run interval, then the discomfort went away. We were moving a lot faster than I had expected. Good workout. Taylor did an excellent job on her bicycle as well.

Run:
3.0 miles
31:09
10:23 pace

Walk:
2.22 miles
36:31
16:27 pace

No comments: