Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Caffeine

A large unsweet caffeinated iced tea kept me up all night. I didn't fall asleep till 4am.

Mandatory overtime training at work today. Haz-Mat training is not a fun topic, never has been and never will be. The hardest part of the class was staying awake.

I've not feeling too good. My throat is sore. It's probably the crud everyone else has. I don't have time to be sick!

Ran with PIM tonight. Not sure what happened, but my 310 will not power up. I tried EVERYTHING without success. I ran a couple miles before the group run. I felt handicapped without my garmin. I actually had to use the trail markers and my Timex watch... HOW PRE-HISTORIC!!! LOL

Both runs were good. I've been busy all day, so I missed 45-minutes of cardio AND consumed 150 too many calories. I'll make it up tomorrow. I cannot make excuses anymore, I have to start strength training this week.

Runs times combined.

Run:
3.83 miles
46:04
12:02 pace

Some people (like me) are emotional eaters. Luckily, most of that has been tamed and is a part of my past. I'm learning the dynamics of people who are emotional exercisers. I don't understand why they "give up" on their training schedule simply because they are sad. There again, they probably don't understand why I use to eat because I was sad, or happy, or any emotion other than "normal". I suppose I will try to be more accepting of their decisions. It's their training program and they can be as success as they want to be or they can decide to fail. My role is actually quite small.... they need to have a desire to make it happen.

No comments: