Friday, October 16, 2009

12 Long Run

Altered my schedule, so I could squeeze in a long run before my trip. Tom initially planned to join me, but had to cancel at the last minute due to important family matters. Linda and Moni from KW FIT joined me. Moni is recovering from a small race injury, so she was on her bike.

My plan was to run 11 miles. Linda repeatedly left herself an out, stating her schedule only called for 8 miles. I've run with Linda for several months and I was confident she could cover the distance, so it was just a matter for her breaking through the mental aspect of running double digits.

Great early morning temperature as we started from my house. We ran a route than was an out & back, which I refer to as a commitment run. We ran the greenbelts to the lakes and then ran to the far end of Kingwood Dr and returned back. On the return trip we took a slightly different route that added some distance. Of course I didn't mention this to Linda, because she was having a good day.

We finished at exactly 12 miles. Great run, which we executed perfect. At times we were speeding up, yet we resisted the temptation. Looking back now, I would have pushed her to 13.1 miles, which is her goal. Either way, she had an awesome run and she knows she can do anything she wants.

It's time consuming being a volunteer coach, but moments like this morning makes it all worth it.
Run:
12.01 miles
2:21:44
11:48 pace

No comments: