Thursday, October 29, 2009

Rain will NOT stop me

Rode my bike in pouring rain for more than one-hour. I'm not talking about a little drizzle, this was a full blown storm. It was hard to see and it even hurt my eyes to look ahead while riding. Either way, I got an hour done.

Trail Bike:
13.68 miles
1:08:33
11.97 mph

Skipped my 2 mile run to allow my foot to recover. So far, so good. It's not bothering me much. I've had ice on it a couple times and I've kept my shoes on. I'm worried it could be peroneus longus inflammation. We'll see how it feels when I run Saturday morning.

I couldn't manage a second hour of cycling in the rain, so I changed into dry clothes and jumped on my bike trainer. The time went by fast as I watched a little television.

Bike Trainer:
13.28 miles
1:00:04
13.27 mph

I've had great weight loss numbers this week. I'm sooooo close to 50 lbs of weight loss. As of this morning I have lost 49.75 pounds in three months and three days. With a little luck I will see the 50-lb mark this week. Only 30 more pounds to go, which seems totally doable!

Today Hank the Hawk arrived. Hank is a small plush Red-tailed Hawk puppet. He is going to be the mascot of my future running club and my own personal "Flat Stanley Project". Today Hank rode on the dashboard of my truck while I gave him a brief tour of Kingwood. We went to the grocery store, post office, Sonic (for an unsweet tea), and back home. Now he is sitting next to my computer watching me type...


No comments: