Sunday, June 28, 2009

Busy Day

Fun filled day! Off duty at 6am this morning. I was exhausted, so as soon as I got home I slept for three hours, which made a world of difference.

Wyatt, Shaina, and company joined us to watch the Astros vs. Tigers at Minute Maid park. Good game, even though we lost. Special thank you to Kevin K (Andrea's boss) for giving us those GREAT tickets!

After the baseball game Andrea and I meet up with a bunch of my co-workers for "game night". A good time was had by all. Delicious snack's, funny stories, and a great game of "right, left, center". The home team (Andrea and I) took home all the winnings!!!

Shaina and her kids met up with me at 9:30pm for a brisk walk around the subdivision. Her cardiovascular fitness is improving fast!

Soon as I finished the walk I took off for a 10-minute run. Since it was dark, I was forced to run on the concrete roads.

I felt incredible running tonight. It was after 10pm, I was sweating from head to toe and I actually felt like a runner again. The distance was really close to one-mile. Looks like my Tuesday 11-minute run will cross the mile threshold.

Rick Cook ran 57 grueling miles of the Western States 100. It was exciting to track him all day yesterday. He's a true bad ass!

I'm thankfully my body is pain-free and I'm happy. Special 'shout-out' to Andrea for a great weekend full of fitness, fun, and smiles.

Walk:
2.02 miles
33:02
16:21 pace

Run:
0.93 mile
10:01
10:46 pace

No comments: