Thursday, June 18, 2009

No Garmin

It feels weird running without my garmin. Last week I sold my Garmin 405, because I'm hoping to buy the new 310xt. I figured I better sale the 405 before the value drops when the new model is released next month. I've had several different garmin forerunners over the last 3-years and I can count on one hand how many times I've ran or walked without a gps watch. I didn't like running without a garmin... yes, I'm a tech nerd.

I gave Andrea my old 305, which has started shutting off unexpectedly. It's frustrating when it shuts off during a run. It's malfunctioning often now, so we shipped it back to garmin for repair.

Today's walk/run felt great. Afterwards I took my bike and measured the route. After a little math I was able to determine the pace. I still haven't decided if I'm going to do any strength training today. Initially I had plans too, but I'm feeling a little lazy.

Walk:
1.6 mile
26:15
16:12 pace

Run:
0.36 mile
4:00
11:07 pace

No comments: