Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

Sleepless night at work yesterday. We made four calls after midnight, only allowing me two, 30-minute naps.

Little did I know, Andrea and the kids had spent the prior day working on gifts and surprises for me. As I drove up, there was a huge sign in the yard that read, "Worlds Best Dad", then I had hand-made cards from everyone, and a small wooded chest box that was painted by Alison. Inside the box was six ceramic monkeys, which were also hand painted. Andrea bought me two weighted bars for the weight room.

Everything was a pleasant surprise, even if I was a walking zombie.

I took the kids to the SPCA to look at pets, but they don't open till noon, so we ended up driving back home. On the way home we enjoyed a nice lunch at Chuy's Mexican restaurant. Once we arrived home I wasn't able to stay awake any longer and ended up sleeping 3-hours.

At 6pm I had to drop the kids off to Erin in the Woodlands. While driving I made arrangements for Shaina to join me on the walk. Her two kids and Taylor walked with us, while Andrea went for a 3-mile run. I must be getting acclimated to the heat, because it didn't seem too hot outside. After the walk I ran for 5-minutes, then I measured all the distances on my bike.

It was a good day. Life is good to be loved as much as I am!

Walk:
2.12 miles
34:30
16:16 pace

Run:
0.46 mile
5:02
10:57 pace

Bike:
2.58 mile
15:25
10.04 mph

No comments: