Saturday, June 27, 2009

Andrea Places 3rd, again!

Woke up sick as a dog this morning. I was faced with a delimma on what to do.... it was 5am and Andrea was pre-registered for a 5k AND I had scheduled four women for Boot Camp. I wanted to cancel, but something told me to tough it out.

Half way to Deer Park I started feeling better, which made me thankful for not cancelling the festivities. As I said above, Andrea sign up for the Independence Day 5k in Deer Park. She did everything right and was rewarded with a 3rd place trophy AND a nice PR. She finished in 26:09. It's amazing that ANYONE could manage a PR in that kind of heat. Like coach Steeve use to say, she's in the "fat curve" of her training. I can't wait to see her times when cooler weather arrives! Good job, Babe!!!

We started Boot Camp A near the rose garden at Dow Park. By the time we began the heat was high overhead and we struggled to find shade for our workout. Half mile warm up walk, 4-circuits of Boot Camp A, half mile cool down, and light stretches.

I'm proud of all the girls and I think they are ready for Boot Camp B, which introduces plyometric-type movements. We'll still continue to focus on core strength, yet add LIGHT jumping/bouncing movements.

Once I got home at noon, I went for my walk-run. I know everyone is tired of reading about how hot it is, but by the time I finished I was dripping from head to toe. On the good side, my legs felt strong on the run. Tomorrow I'm running 10-minutes, which is getting really close to my first mile! All my fitness activities are now done and I need to shower. URG, just remembered I need to start getting ready for work tonight. It sucks working two jobs... and that doesn't count the PT stuff, because I love doing!

Good Luck to RICK COOK, who is currently running the Western States 100 mile run!

No comments: