Saturday, June 13, 2009

Monument Bike ride

Up bright and early this morning for Boot Camp "A" in Deer Park. We meet at the Rose Garden in the middle of Dow Park. Even though the location was a long drive for me, the location worked out perfectly.

Earlier in the week we had a group of about five women scheduled for the group workout, but three didn't show for various reasons. Four people total including me. Half mile warm up, circuit training, half mile cool-down, and stretching. The two new girls did an exceptional job at maintaining form and pace.

After Boot Camp, Andrea and I was hoping to ride our road bikes around the San Jacinto Monument. We learned they charge you to enter the park. We decided to stay outside the park and ride the road leading into the monument. Nice ride, but the industrial plants put off an awful odor. We only rode six miles. The short distance was part of my schedule, but I'm not sure we could have handled the odor much longer either.

And if that wasn't enough, I walked for 30-minutes when we got back home. It felt like I was walking a lot faster than the pace displayed on my garmin. Not sure why that is...

Boot Camp "A"

Walk:
1.73 miles
30:01
17:21 pace

Road Bike:
6.03 miles
25:31
14.18 mph

No comments: