Monday, March 16, 2009

Work Ability

Even though my doctor released me back to full duty, I still have to prove that my knee is functionally able to perform essential duties of a firefighter. To do this, the City of Humble FD send its employees to a local physical therapist. The PT administers a test that simulates the task of a typical firefighter.

I've done several work abilities during my 13 years at Humble, but they never get any easier. So, I got an expected workout first this morning.
...of course I passed.

I brought my road bike and trainer to work with me. This afternoon I rode for 45 minutes. The mileage and speed is never a "true reflection of effort" with a trainer, but my bike computer read:

Bike Trainer
14.68 miles
45:05
19.56 mph

Afterwards I completed an Upper-body workout in the station gym.

Its been a busy day and I'm waaay tired.

AMF

No comments: