Wednesday, March 11, 2009

PIM 2nd session

Another great session at Power in Motion. I'm concerned that a few people were missing, but the coaches will send out some personal emails in the morning and make sure all is well. Below is a picture of our Aerobic 1 students at tonight's class.

There's a cool front on its way, which dropped the temperature 10 degrees. It's always nice to run in Houston with temps hovering around 60 degrees. I took advantage of the nearly perfect weather and ran 2 miles before PIM.

I experienced some pain in my right knee, just superior to my patella. I worked hard to maintain my form without changing my gait. After 0.75 miles the pain faded away. Not sure what the issue was. As soon as my knee stopped hurting I found myself wanting to run faster, but I resisted the urge and simply logged my miles. As a precautionary measure I wrapped my knee with an ice pack once I got home.

Run:
2.09 miles
22:22
10:42 pace

The participants ran 8 x 2-minute run/1-minute walk. The people I ran with seem to be excelling without any issues.

PIM run:
1.7 miles
24:00 minutes
14:07 pace

Finished the day with 5 miles biking and nearly 4 miles running. Not bad, considering I'm just getting back into the swing of things.



No comments: