Saturday, June 30, 2007

Long run lead my motivation

Activity: Run
Mileage: 8.2 miles
Time: 1:33:21 -- 11:24 pace
12:29, 11:38, 11:21, 12:06
11:56, 11:10, 10:45, 10:22, 1:34 (0.20 mile)
Location: Kingwood Greenbelts

Motivation at just the right time.
Late yesterday I talked to Kevin about a Saturday long run. We spent a fair amount of time trying to work out the logistics, but our attempts were futile. Either he'd have to leave his house in Conroe at 4:30am, or I'd have to do the same and be late to the hospital (to hang out with Pre). We agreed this was not a good morning to run together. The last thing I said to Kevin was, "If you get a wild hair, meet me here at 5:30am".

This morning I hit the snooze and was heading down a path that would most likely have delayed my morning run. Before the snooze alarm went off a second time, I heard the doorbell. Panic was the first emotion, then I realized, "Hey... its probably Kevin". He saved my bacon.

We were out the door in less than 15-minutes. Eight WONDERFUL miles for both Kevin and I. He's had some hip issues, but not today. My ankle is much better, it appears it only needed a rest day to mend. Beautiful day to be out on the streets!

First 20+ mile week since February 11-17th. Its time for a serious base and a few more miles.

Pre is still progressing nicely. Another couple big bottle feeds.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice run and Pre looks awesome, eyes wide open. Prayers answered!!!