Thursday, June 28, 2007

Life noise (long post)

long sigh.
I'm in a better place right now. Pre's incident has shown me there is more important things in life. Often I find myself wound-up about random stupid shit, when in reality... its simply "noise". All that matters is me and my kids. Everything else is out of my control. I've been dealt some crappy cards in recent months, but most of it has been the result of someone else's decision. I can't change that. All I can do is stay the course. By that I mean, continue doing what is working for ME.

Its been interesting to take notice of friends and family during Pre's birth and subsequent hospitalization. A few people went waaaay out of the way to "tell me what a good friend they are", while others proved their friendship through their actions. All of this has been very interesting, yet once again... only noise.

With a small family and even smaller group of friends, there's not been many shoulders to lean on. Don't get me wrong, I have friends and most have offered to help, but its a different level of connection I'm missing.... and needing. Its hard to explain without blurting out my personal life for the world to read.
...another long sigh

Pre, Alison, and I did a lot better after I squeezed in that first run. It was incredibly hard to leave the hospital and do something as "selfish" as run, but running is the one thing that is holding me together. Its where I can compose my thoughts, destress from the events of the day, and prepare for the day ahead.

I have a grand idea how to celebrate these new feelings, but it requires a little more thought. I promise to share with my readers as soon as I plan to execute my idea. The basic concepts are simple;
-All that matters is me and my kids.
-Everything else is Life's Noise.
-Finally, running has been the medium to my mental and physical health.

Today is a new day.

Activity: Run
Mileage: 3.05 miles
Time: 35:04 -- 11:30 pace
Location: Kindwood - Eat End Park

The run went exceptionally well. Nice breeze inside the trails, humidity was okay, considering it had rained a few hours prior, and the wildlife was abundantly active. Halfway into the run I came around a turn in the trail and immediately found a whitetail deer eating grass in front of me just off the trail. The doe didn't hear me coming and didn't see me because she was facing the other direction. I passed so close to her I literally could have slapped her rump. Indeed a cool encounter.

There was some noise on my run. I ate a fatty-fried meal just before the run. Should not have to tell you how I felt. I know better, but I'm grateful for the reminder that food is fuel and nothing else. I'm also nursing the ankle. Its getting worst with each run. Good thing tomorrow is an off day!

I really need to start either weight training or core exercises SOON. Not sure why I can't find time for those activities. Tomorrow seems like a perfect day to start, right?

Lots of details about Pre's health, but you know what? Its all noise. He's happy, continues to gain weight, and is being cared for by some of the best in the business. That is all that matters.

Below is a picture of Pre waving at dad for his daily blog picture.
Man, I LOVE these kids of mine!


3 comments:

Steve Bezner said...

That's a great perspective Bill.

Unknown said...

Great post...I agree, we all need to tune out the noise. That's a mighty cute pic of Pre!

Sarah said...

Incredibly cute picture of your boy. Sounds like you're on the right track -- all of you. :)