Friday, June 08, 2007

URG!!

I'm interested in the HARRA Summer celebration, but c'mon already, what the hell is going on. Today is June the 8th. Tickets are discounted until June 13th and the Banquet is June 16th. HARRA STILL HAS NOT released the guest speaker.

-Is the speaker so lousy, they want members to buy tickets before they know who it is?
-Do they even have a speaker?

Let me stop before I get on my soap box. I will say this. I can have dinner in a lot of nice places for $15.00 a head. In fact, I could care less about the food.... its the speaker who is the main attraction. But its freakin' eight days till the event and neither the email nor the site have made any announcements regarding the speaker.

For those of you gritting your teeth, I'm not attacking anyone personally. I know HARRA is composed of an all volunteer staff, but this simply doesn't make any sense to me. Its one thing to say the celebrity speaker is so huge the name won't be released until a certain day, but its another when it appears as a lack of organization.

UGH!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Willie,

You assume dinner is included but there is nothing on the web site to support that. I've emailed HARRA to confirm, and received no response.

Alaska Steeeve

Steve Bezner said...

I know of 4 reasons to join HARRA.

1. Free participation in the Houston Strider Marathon Training program.

2. The free marathon finisher towel.

3. Coach Steve strongly encourages it.

4. The free beer at the fall party in the park.

Hmmm..maybe I should put this on my blog and come up with some reasons.