Sunday, June 03, 2007

Long run

Activity: Run
Mileage: 6.5 miles
Time: 1:23:06 -- 12:47 pace
12:54, 12:57, 13:50, 13:30
12:18, 11:50, 5:47 (0.50 mile)
Location: Kingwood East Park Trails

Odd run this morning. No clue why we were running a slower than normal pace. Kevin and I ran from the shopping center at Town Square to the East End Park Trails. The trip consisted of two miles of greenbelts on our way to the trails, nearly three miles inside the park, and the return trip. Even though I was pushing Alison in the stroller, the pace seemed much quicker than the Garmin displayed. Oh well, I suppose GPS never lies.

The run itself was awesome. Contributed most of that to the 6:30am start time. It was humid, of course, but otherwise delightful outside. Kevin instantly feel in love with the trails and said it was the prettiest run he has ever done.

The shin was silent. Legs and cardio felt strong.

June is off to a good start... running that is

Diet news: Dieted hard for the last 3-weeks. Fell off the wagon yesterday. Did really well in the morning and even packed my snacks for the Strider Picnic. Then, when I got home it fell apart. Not horrible, but far from healthy.

8 comments:

Crosstrain said...

It is great to see you moving in the right direction. It pumps me up. Swami Crosstrain sees Allen Parkway in your future.

Riding in a peloton helps one go faster on the bike rides. I'd guess it adds 1-2 mph due to the drafting and wind protection.

Maybe I'll talk to Sarah about us pulling together a blogger peloton 15mph ride this summer.

Sarah said...

I'm in. :) Even though I can average 17.7 mph over 15-20 miles on a good day, I'm intimidated by Joe's peloton.

Pony and Petey said...

You're so right about an early morning run. Faithy and I were up and out at 6:45 this morning...the getting there part was tough for us both but once we were outside running...it was AWESOME!!

I hope I remember how worth-it it is next week when it's time to get up early again. Maybe since I won't be getting up early on Saturday to race, it won't be so hard to get up early on Sunday = )

Glad to hear the legs are feeling ok!

Tiggs said...

I'm in for a ride. god knows my bike is begging to stretch it's legs.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes after days of big runs I have eating fests I am not too proud of!

panasonic massage chairs

Steve Bezner said...

I assume the lack of updates indicates the arrival of the latest Strider?

Humble Runner said...

No baby yet.

Been extremley busy. Back a work.

Bill

TX Runner Mom said...

I was wondering the same thing as Steve! :-)