Saturday, June 16, 2007

Long run

Activity: Run
Mileage: 11.0 miles
Time: 2:25:23
Location: Kingwood

I don't feel much like blogging, but I'll give you the high and low points. Vic and I scheduled this run earlier in the week. We designed the time and course to accommodate Lynn, but she was unable to run at the last minute. Being a Super-Strider, she met us at the park with a gallon of cold water and insect repellent. Thanks Lynn, you rock.

Vic and I decided to slow the pace down and simply enjoy the scenery. Unfourtantely, it ended up being extremely humid this morning. The kind of humidity that makes you sweat walking to your car. Plus, there was no breeze whatsoever.

We did a great job through eight miles. We held off any walk breaks for the first 5 miles. At the 8 mile mark we both started feeling fatigue. By the time we saw ten miles we were exhausted. A mile later, 11 miles.... we were done. The route is 13.75 miles, so you can see we walked in from 11 miles.

I can't speak for Vic, but I was feeling shitty at 10 miles... to the point of being nauseated and lightheaded. I consumed a ton of water, but apparently it wasn't enough. At nine miles I took a bathroom break and noticed I FAILED the urine test. It was somewhere between tea and coffee. Not good at all and I felt it.

I'm still excited about running double digits. My last double digit run was 12 miles on February 17th. Per some advice. I sat in a bath full of cold water. Not quite an ice bath, but cold enough for me. Also took some ibuprofen to speed up recovery in preparation of a Sunday morning bike ride.

2 comments:

Pony and Petey said...

Oh my goodness!!! That's a LONG long run...good job, guys!!

We missed you tonight at the HARRA thing = (

Steve Bezner said...

I became nauseated after 8 miles yesterday myself.