Saturday, January 02, 2010

Wedding Day

In an attempt to settle my nerves I hiked up to Gem Lake. It was a beautiful 1.7 mile hike to the lake with 1,096 feet of elevation gain. Three-quarters of the way into the hike the weather changed. We had a panoramic view that went for miles and within minutes it started snowing and turned dark.

With the wedding a mere three always, I was nervous about getting lost on the mountain. Luckily, the weather improved, which enabled us to speed up to our destination. The rock formations were striking. Wish I was a better photographer and could capture what my eyes witnessed.

I don’t have the words to describe the wedding ceremony. It was the most beautiful thing I’ve ever been a part of. The scenery was breathing taking, but it didn’t stand a chance when compared to Andrea in her wedding gown. She was so beautiful I had to pinch myself to determine if it was reality or a dream.

For the first time since October I ate meat. Andrea and I’ve been craving chicken, so we figured there wasn’t a better reason than our wedding reception dinner. The scenery at Twin Oaks Restaurant was picturesque, but in my honest opinion, the food was subpar. Eating meat felt heavy. At least it didn’t upset our stomachs as EVERYONE predicted.

No comments: