Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Preston and Dad

Its been a delight to watch and play with Preston all day. We started our morning with a mid-week long run.

As usual Preston hitched a ride in the jogging stroller. For some unknown reason, he LOVES the jogging stroller. Preston brought a few of his favorite toys and I cranked up the music loaded on my iPhone so we could both hear the tunes. We had us a rolling party!!!

This mornings run was very leisure without any formal structure. The first leg of our run was a four mile stroll to Subway at Town Center. I finally used the last of a Christmas gift card. Lunch cost me a whooping 0.30 cents. Thanks Marty for the Christmas gift!

We ran three miles to Kingwood Park High school on the second leg. Andrea seemed happy about our surprise visit at work.

On our final four miles home we stopped at a playground. Preston saw an airplane ride on the playground and nearly jumped out of the moving stroller to get to it. On that final stop I allowed Preston to play for awhile before finding our way home.

Run:
10.0 miles
1:52:11
11:13 pace

Walk:
1.92 miles
29:52
15:33 pace

This evening I did another Engine 2 Basic workout, push-ups, and pull-ups. It's embarrassing not being able to do a single pull-up. I want to build a pull-up bar at the house so I can practice. Today I used the kids' play set.

The E2 workout seemed too easy. I probably should be lifting weights, but with my goal race on the horizon I'm playing it safe.

Strength Training:
Engine 2 BASIC workout

Push-ups:
60

Pull-ups:
3 (assisted)

Weight:
202.25

The diet has been on track for three days. I've been sub 2,100 calories all three days. That's the magic number where I see decent weight loss.

My body weight has been the same for two days. The damage of the last month was not as bad as I had expected.

I'm hungry right now, but I'm tougher than a few hunger pangs.



No comments: