Saturday, January 09, 2010

Final Long Run with KWFIT

Final long run with KW FIT. My personal schedule called for ten miles, but Tom and I were content to run six miles with the half marathoners. I'm still in a post-holiday running and dieting slump.

The temperature at the start of our run was 20 degrees. As usual I quickly warmed up and within two miles I had removed my hat. For the first time this winter I wore tights. It was nice at first, but I didn't feel the need for them once I started running.

Ran the entire route without any stops and we held a consistent pace. At no time did I see more than an eight second swing, which I found impressive.

Unfortunately I developed a blister on the arch of my right foot during this mornings run. I'll pop it at work tomorrow, using sterile equipment. Not sure why this happened!?!?!

Still not monitoring my diet. I'm looking for motivation to restart my regimen. I'm desperately looking for that "one thing" that stokes my fire. Any suggestions?

My nervousness about the 50-miler is growing at an alarming pace. I have convinced myself I am not ready.

Run:
6.37 miles
1:12:10
11:20 pace

No comments: