Friday, January 01, 2010

End of Year 2009 recap

I didn’t have time to do an “End of Year” recap, so I’m doing it now (January 11th) and dating it back to January 1st.

2009 started a bit rocky, but in the end it turned out to be a good year. I spent a blissful year with the woman I would marry the second day of 2010. And while I had two major knee surgeries, I bounced right back into running and cycling. Below are some tidbits about my 2009:

*Ran my first ultra marathon (Rocky Raccoon 50k) in Huntsville State Park
*My only “PR” of the year was also my second ultra; Texas Trails Endurance Run 50k in Huntsville State Park
*Coached Kingwood FIT this year with mixed emotions whether to do it again
*Coached Power in Motion in both the Spring and Fall sessions. I really enjoy this, but it’s a burden for me to take off work and drive all the way to Memorial Park every week.
*Set the foundation for my own running club, but there hasn’t been any consistent interest.
*Erin and the kids moved to Trinity TX, which was emotionally tough for me.
*I learned who my real friends are and that I need to be more like them.
*Near the end of the year my weight was at a 15-year low of 194
*Ran 697 miles
*Walked 646 miles
*Cycled 1817 miles
*Average body weight: 228 lbs

Goals for 2010:
*Build a closer relationship with my kids and wife, utilizing outdoor activities as the foundation.
*Volunteer at an endurance race
*Attempt my first Triathlon
*Run 1500 miles
>>Every month over 100 miles
*Cycle 2500 miles
*FINALLY reach my goal weight of 175 lbs
*Fridays will be completely Vegan. No meat, egg, or milk products at all.

No comments: