Monday, January 25, 2010

Consistency Needed

I've been in a funk since Christmas.

With the exception of not running while in Colorado, I've maintained a respectable amount of running. Unfortunately my cycling, strength training, and dieting have been "On & Off" at best. I'm in dire need of some consistency.

After a glutenous, albeit fun weekend, I'm trying to get back to my strict, consistent regimen of fitness and dieting.

Even though I'm at work, the day has gone as planned. Work days are often the most challenging.

Strength Training:
Engine 2 basic workout

Weight:
205.75

Push-ups:
45

Pull-ups:
3 (assisted)

Ran around the station with part-time employee Calvin. Earlier in the day he told me, "I can't imagine running six miles". Calvin has been consistently running three milers and has never run more than five. Today he ran with me for a mind-numbing 20-laps around the Fire Station complex. I talked the entire time and ran Calvin straight to a distance PR of six miles. He was really excited when I told him how far we had run. Admittedly, I was excited for him as well.

Great little run for me. My legs were sore in the beginning, but quickly settled into a nice mid-ten minute pace. We ran the entire distance without any stops or changes in pace.

Run:
6.04 miles
1:03:07
10:27 pace

No comments: