Sunday, January 24, 2010

Long Run in the Dark

Training for RR50 continues. With a projected finish time of 14-15 hours, the last few hours running will be in the dark.

Andrea and I just finished our third night time run. Eleven miles on the trails, with nothing more than a small LED light clipped to our hats.

Finally.... a nice slow pace. Lately I've been pushing my long run pace with exhausting results. Tonight's run was AWESOME!!!

Andreas right knee is bothering her. I hope she heeds my advice and learns from the mistakes I made. My stubbornness resulted in knee surgery as a result of an overuse injury.
Stretch often
Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation
Stop wearing HIGH HEELS to work

Run:
10.0 miles
2:08:14
12:49 pace

Walk:
1.2 miles
19:22
16:08 pace

2 comments:

Junie B said...

i cannot fathom running 50 miles. wow.

Anonymous said...

I am taking your advise. I want nothing to do with knee surgeries. It must be the high heels. It was a great run last night even with a little pain. I look forward to more night runs with you.