Thursday, January 14, 2010

The run that kept growing....

Tom and I started the morning with a run once we got off duty. We choose Schott Park because we are trying to avoid concrete and this park has a forgiving crushed concrete surface. Plus this park is only a couple miles from the station, which was very convenient.

Schott park is a hidden gem I often forget about.

We started the session with an extended warm-up with stretches and maintained a leisure 11:30 pace. I started with a slight tightness in my legs, but they feel a lot better now that I've run.

The schedule called for two miles. Earlier in the week, Tom and I decided to run three miles. Once we completed three miles we elected to run one more mile. At the four mile mark Tom departed, but I kept running to complete an even five miles. Then finally, at five miles I convinced myself to run the seven miler I skipped yesterday.

Run:
7.0 miles
1:20:13
11:28 pace

Weight:
199.5 lbs

The diet is on track and my weight is back under 200. I've maintained my pre-scheduled caloric intake since Monday. I'm VERY excited to be back on the wagon. The combination of Christmas, New Years Eve, and the wedding-honeymoon played havoc on my diet. I don't have any regrets. I'll make a conscious attempt to learn from those behaviors and move forward.

No comments: