Friday, February 27, 2009

Knee Surgery

Knee surgery is complete. It was more "surgery" than I expected. Last time they scoped my knee and all I had was 3 tiny stitches. This time I have a 4-inch incision and 10 stables holding it all together.

I haven't talked to the doctor since the procedure, but Andrea told me he located the mass, which was a cyst. She also said the doctor felt the surgery went well.

I'm in a lot more pain that last time. I USUALLY don't take pain medications prescribed to me, but this time I've needed them.

During the pre-assessment the doctor told me I would be back to work in ten days, but I find that hard to believe. Only time will tell.



2 comments:

TX Runner Mom said...

Ouch, just reading that made me hurt! I hope you have a speedy recovery!

Pony and Petey said...

Gnarly, dude!

I didn't even know you were having knee surgery. I'll be praying for a speedy recovery and that you can run, bike and walk pain-free!