Sunday, February 22, 2009

New Bike Gear for the Girl

I finally decided to address the seat and fit issues with Andrea and her bike(s). Today she bought a new Terry seat, LOOK pedals, and new cycling shoes. She also got a new handlebar for her trail bike. The guys at Performance always take care of me and today was no different.

The shop guys installed all the equipment while we waited. When everything was installed they put her on a trainer to size her and make appropriate adjustments.

Once we got home we went for a short ride before picking up the kids. Andrea looked a lot more fluid and FINALLY seemed comfortable on her bike. We only cycled around the subdivision. With all the turns and stop signs, we didn't have the chance to hold any great speed. This was simply a ride to see how everything felt. I'm hopeful this will help, because she isn't nearly as excited about cycling as I am.

Road Bike:
9.56 miles
39:54
14.39 mph

I've fallen off the wagon in regards to my diet. Even though it was somewhat scheduled, it has been a hard 4-days. Before falling off, I was obsessing about food and constantly feeling hungry. It is strange how nothing really gave me the "fix" I was looking for. Today was the best meal by far (Marti Gras platter from Papadeaux's). I'm ready to get back to work. The scale was extra hard on me for the last few days. With a little luck the true damage won't be nearly as bad.

No comments: