Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Another Project Almost Complete

Finally finished the replacement of the sewer line project. By 7am me and two day labors were back at work. Unlike the two men from yesterday, these guys were ready to work.

By noon we had dug out the remainder of the line, laid the new pipe, and started back filling the trench. I left approximately half the trench open so I can fix the broken sprinkler lines later this week. When I THOUGHT we were done I walked out front to check the mail. As I caught sight of the street I could see four telephone company trucks. I found one of the workers and asked what the problem was. When he said they had 4 service calls for outages, I told him I might be able to help him find the problem.

Yep, you guessed right... we nicked the telephone cable. The nicked cable turned into a huge ordeal, but most of it was out of my hand. I've been so bothered by the issue that my stomach has been upset.

I'm glad my drains are functioning properly again, but I'm worried about the financial burden of damaging a telephone line. In an attempt to take my mind off the matters I went for a leisure bike ride with Andrea and Taylor.

Trail Bike:
5.55 miles
33:17
10:01 pace

After the bike ride I worked out. I was fatigued from the "out-of-the-ordinary" working. I still managed to complete today's and yesterdays scheduled workout.

Workout:
Upper and Mid-body

No comments: