Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Best Ride, EVER

Steve joined me for a 36-mile bike ride. We looped Lake Houston, which is similiar to the Lions ride route... without Will Clayton Parkway.

I felt great today. My legs felt powerful and my endurance seemed endless. Usually, I'm struggling to stay behind Steve, so it was nice to finally take the lead.

Half way into the ride we caught up with 3 females riders. We all rode together for 5-6 miles at 20-25 mph!!! Ok, ok... I confess, there was an aggressive tailwind. With less than 5-miles to go I had a flat tire. Before the flat tire my rear cassette came loose and half the rings came off. Both issues were an easy fix and did not hamper my ride.

Road Bike:
36.01 miles
2:06:13
17.12 mph

I've been invited to be a Coach with Power in Motion. Tonight is our first Coaches' meeting and I can't wait. I'm excited to return to the program where all my running started.

It's a good day.

No comments: