Sunday, October 05, 2008

Test Run

It has been a long time since I've exercised. Ten days of hell at work due to Hurricane Ike. Lots of mandatory overtime, which was good since I had no electricity for 8-days. At the end of most days, the last thing on my mine was exercise.

The aftermath of the storm postponed my surgery till September 24th. No problems during the first 2 days of recovery. On the third day I had an allergic reaction to the chromic sutures. The exernal sutures are gone, yet the internal sutures have left me with a lot of swelling. Needless to say, these complications have delayed my running even more.

Today is my second day back at work. Figured if I can work, I can at least go for a walk. Elected to use the treadmill, hoping the surface would not have as hard an impact as the road. Ten minutes into the walk I decided to run, which was a lot more comfortable.

Walk/Run: 1.05 mile, 18:40

The plan is to see how I feel tomorrow morning and if all is well, run one-mile in the evening.

No comments: