Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Jack of All Trades

At work today.

It has been an interesting day at work. It's not unusual to see big fires, weird people, car wrecks, mangled bodies, or (my favotire) weird people doing stupid stuff. Today was interesting because it was different than the typical shift. By order of the Captain, we were tradesmen of a different profession. We did sheet rock repair, lots of painting, and general maintenance to our dorm room. We spent the entire day working on stuff that had nothing to do with emergency services. The only reason I mention this is because I found it "interesting". When was the last time you asked your painter to also extinguish a kitchen fire or cut you out of a car? ;-)

After all the "excitement" of painting I still managed to run. My feet hurt from standing all day in my duty boots, but other than that the run was nice.

Run: 1.5 miles, 18:09 (12:06 pace)

1 comment:

TX Runner Mom said...

Sounds like a bit of a workout in itself! I saw your comment about the house with the tree..small world! BTW, my brother in law is HFD and his station had quite a bit of damage from Ike. In fact, he's at a different station for now.