Thursday, October 16, 2008

PARTY!

Yesterday was an unscheduled day off. First of all, I was the lead person planning a bachelor party for my good buddy, Josh. Everything took place with less than 5-days notice; so needless to say, I had a lot to do. My plan was to squeeze in a 4-miler when I had time.

Those plans existed before the all-day rainstorm arrived. The rain caused 2 power outages that lasted about an hour each and there was a fair amount of street flooding.

The final factor that kept me from running was water dripping from the ceiling of my hallway closet, which was only detected when it completely saturated the carpet in the hallway. It ended up being a clog in the air conditioner overfill drain pan. Not a big deal, but it made one hell of a mess. And it happened on a day I didn't have time to spare.

So, as you can see... it was not meant for me to run. I repeated to myself over and over, "flexibility". Friday is my off day, so I simply moved it two days early and proceeded forward with the schedule. No biggie.

The party was an absolute BLAST. One of the best times I've had in a long time. As you might guess, I'm hurting pretty bad today. I can't party (by party, I mean drink) like I use too. That's what I get for trying to hang out with men 12-years younger than me.

Tonight I ran four miles through the subdivision. Beautiful weather. Only needed one short walk break during the run. I didn't stop due to physical fatigue, rather a compilation of stresses resulting in mental exhaustion.

I really need to find the motivation to get this weight off. It's literally weighing me down and it unbearable!

Run: 4 miles, 50:59, (12:45 pace)

22 push-ups

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I don't know what to tell you about the weight. I think we've both said everything there is to say about the subject. One thing I guess I've learned is what I say to ME may not be what someone else needs to hear. So, I'll just say what I say to me that motivates me and keeps me on track (even though I've gotten off track so many times). I just think for me it boils down to a choice. I ask myself, how sick are you, Vic, of being the weight you are. And once the BIG choice is made to change, it's all about the little choices I make every day, every hour.

I know one thing, buddy. It's mental. We're very fortunate we don't have a medical condition that keeps us heavy. So, at least it's something that WE CAN CONTROL!!!