Sunday, August 31, 2008

Pissy

I must be getting older, because I sure am getting a lot pissier about small stuff. All this hurricane panic is really getting under my skin. It just doesn't make sense. The news is escalating all the storm-hype, which is nothing new... but c'mon, the freakin landfall is almost certain to be more than 250 miles East of Galveston!!! Last night the anchorman was interviewing people from NOLA, who had evacuated to Houston. Are they really that stupid? Why drive 6-hours to a city that is 40 miles from the coast. Drive NORTH idiots!!!

Even my job is showing signs of ciaos. It's always nice knowing that people call the Fire Department when they don't know whom else to call. We take incidents that are completely out-of-hand and we organize the ciaos and if luck is on our side we're able to mitigate the incident. Over the last couple days our administration was considering mandatory callback of every single employee to active duty during the storm. I'm not sure what I think about these idea. And out of respect for the FD administrations authority, I will keep those thoughts to myself. I do know when the average citizen sees city officials "panicking" they feel their sense of fear is warranted.

As always, just my opinion.

Ran with Andrea while pushing the stroller and Alison joined us on her bike.

Run: 1.01 miles, 12:20, (12:13 pace)

I had plans to run the Fired Up 5k. I'm worried I'll drive 50 miles to find out the race has been cancelled. The site says nothing either way. If anyone knows the intentions of the RD please, please, please let me know before I drive out there tomorrow.

No comments: