Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Solid Effort

The cooler weather left me eager to run all day, yet I waited for my running partner. It was dark by the time Andrea got off work, so we decided to do a little speed work on the lit streets of the neighborhood. The plan was to warm up with a walk, run 8 x 30/30's at 1-mile race pace, and cool-down with a walk.

Our plan was executed exactly as stated and our effort level was what I wanted for the short, albeit tough workout:
Walk: 0.32 mile, 5:26 (16:47 pace)
Overall distance/time for 8 x 30/30's: 0.78 mile, 7:05, (9:04 pace)
Walk: 0.86 mile, 15:49, (18:19 pace)

I also planned to workout in the gym but we simply ran out of time. We've been busy trying to get ready for our weekend trip to New Orleans. I started eight days of vacation when I got off work this morning!!! Woo-Hoo!

We are both excited about our trip.

No comments: