Sunday, June 01, 2008

Sick

Weight: 234.0 (237.7)

At work today. I've been rather sick all day. Transient episodes of abdominal cramping with nausea, which has recently turned into vomiting. Alison and 86 of her classmates had the same signs & symptoms last week. It just took me a litter longer to get it than those elementary kids. The good news is, it only lasted 10-hrs with Alison.

Is there any country-western music song writers out there? If so, I have the material for your next big song: My foot hurts, my back is tight, I'm sick, and my ex-wife is unfair to me. Throw something in about beer & my dog and you'll be at the top of the charts in no time!

Found the race results from the Astros 5k. My official time was 31:15. Average pace of 10:43. I'm happy with the time considering the heat, the crowds at the start line, and the fact I was pushing a 45-pound kid in a twenty-pound stroller. By the end of summer I should be able to get back under 30-minutes.

Breakfast: 468
Lunch: 560
Dinner:360

Total calories for the day: 1,388

No running or working out today.

Late in the day I started feeling better for a couple hours. We made three EMS calls back-to-back-to-back. The EMS supervisor pulled me off the truck. I've used all my vacation and holiday with my kids' illnesses, so I'm out of 0ff-time. So, essentially this will cost me a few hundred bucks.

It's hard to smile sometimes...

2 comments:

Lou Thrash said...

your time and pace is awesome! Be proud. No tears in you beer -- you deserve the best; keep your chin up.

Steve Bezner said...

Don't forget to add something about trains, prison and momma!

p.s. The hidden gem in the stomach virus is that you lose your appetite and lose weight!